Euroclusters are cross-sectoral, interdisciplinary, and trans-European strategic initiatives of industry clusters and other economic entities such as research organisations or companies. They contribute to building resilience and accelerating transition to green and digital economy through six specific objectives:
- Network to improve the resilience of the EU industrial ecosystems by developing value chains interlinkages in the EU Single Market;
- Innovate for strategic autonomy to build capacity in the most critical supplies and technologies of their ecosystems;
- Adopt processes and technologies to reinforce transformation into a greener and more digital economy;
- Train to foster up- and re-skilling of the workforce whilst attracting talents;
- Go international to boost access to global supply and value chains.
- Outreach to attract economic actors, mainly SMEs, beyond Euroclusters’ locations.
The European Cluster Collaboration Platform, on behalf of the European Commission, DG GROW, organised the EU Clusters Talk “Meet the Euroclusters: Initiatives for the green and digital transition” on 8 March 2023, 8:30 – 9:45 CET, to learn about their activities, hear about upcoming opportunities for Europe’s SMEs, and discuss suggestions for a second Euroclusters call.